Located in the middle of the main shopping street of this flagship city of Ardennes tourism, the church built in 1900 is in the neo-Gothic style. It was damaged in 1945, but restored to a beautiful condition.
It is rare to be noted: a musical background accompanies those who enter the church with great joy. Numerous stained glass windows dating from the 1980s bring a beautiful bouquet of warm colours to the interior. Several statues, paintings and altarpieces deserve attention, especially to the right and left of the choir, statues in linden wood representing the Virgin and Saint Nicholas, patron saint of the parish.
Two novelties have been added to the beauty of the church.
First of all, in 2008, a large platform was placed at the entrance to the choir. It houses a beautiful wooden altar, adorned with an ornament composed of an assembly of brass of two colours connected by lead in the fashion of a stained glass window, made by the Maison Arte-Grossé of Bruges. This adornment illustrates La Roche, its church and its castle.
Then, in 2012, the ‘Oberlinger’ organ from Erkelenz in Germany, which is the subject of this document, was erected in the north transept. The 12-metre-high sideboard impresses with its slender and majestic character.