In the parking lot of the Quai de l’Ourthe is an American tank with a 76 mm gun.
It’s a Sherman M4A1 tank. It pays tribute to the 2nd and 3rd American armored divisions and their attached units, who stopped the German invaders in December 1944 and liberated the town of La Roche and its villages in January 1945 during the Battle of the Bulge. Restored and set up by the 1/3 Lancers Regiment of Marche-en-Famenne, it was inaugurated on 17 December 2004 on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge.
ACHILLES Anti Tank SP 17. M10 tank destroyer fitted with the British 17-pounder gun, used by the British army from 1944. This tank pays tribute to the 1st Northamptonshire Yeomanry, which supported the 51st Highland Division (Black Watch) during the Battle of the Bulge counter-offensive. It symbolizes the liberation of the city by the British on January 11, 1945.
Restored by the Musée de la Bataille des Ardennes in cooperation with the town of La Roche.
It was inaugurated on January 11, 2000 to mark the 55th anniversary of the town’s liberation, and is located in the parking lot opposite the Hôtel du Chalet.