The neo-Romanesque Saint-Rémy church is the third to be built on this site.

The first was built in the 12th century and devastated in 1652 by French troops, its tower was bricked up in 1671.

The church was rebuilt in 1750.

In 1852, part of the plaster of the vault fell on the faithful.

Declared totally dilapidated in 1901, it was rebuilt in 1908 in schist and limestone according to plans by architect Cupper.

All that remains of the previous church, a former dependency of the Abbey of Saint-Hubert and seat of an important regional parish, is the square tower (octagonal slate spire) with four levels of schistose sandstone and quartz, the core of which dates back to the Romanesque period (dated 1671 on a stone above the door arch).

Inside, certain details are noteworthy: Gothic limestone baptismal font (14th century); numerous statues and statuettes, including a remarkable Sedes Sapientiae by the Master of Waha (polychrome wood, 16th century); stained-glass windows and Stations of the Cross by Namur artist Louis Marie Londot; statues of Saint-Antoine de Padoue (c. 1700) and of a Virgin dressed with child (early 19th century); funeral slab of Seigneur Jean de Herlenval (1704) and the altar containing the relics of Saints Martyrs Clément and Vital.

Practical info



6980 La Roche-en-Ardenne



Rates may vary.

Free of charge.


Timetables may vary.

Accessible all the time.


Accessible to PRM.